Family law is a highly emotional and usually very complex area of law. There are many aspects within family law but the more common are resolving financial matters and sorting out suitable arrangements for the children after separation or divorce.
Our Toowoomba-based team of family lawyers has more than 30 years of experience. We have a strong reputation for a solution-focused approach to all legal cases involving married and de facto couples living all over the Darling Downs region, as well as Warwick and Stanthorpe.
At Clewett Lawyers, our focus is on helping people. Whether you are separated, divorced, or thinking about separating, our Family Lawyers are here to help you.
Our family lawyers understand the impact that family disputes can have on your life. We also appreciate that the legal process can be overwhelming during these difficult times. We encourage communication rather than confrontation and we always consider the needs of the whole family, particularly children.
Our Family Lawyers have expertise in negotiation, mediation, litigation and advocacy. We will usually explore alternatives to litigation such as mediation, skillful negotiation, or an out of court agreement such as a Binding Financial Agreement or Consent Orders. However, some cases simply cannot be resolved out of court, so in these cases, we will not hesitate to go to court to defend and protect the best interests of our clients.
We will deal with your case in a sensitive and professional manner. We will provide clear and compassionate advice so that you can make fully informed choices. And we will keep you informed of developments in your case.
We can also help if you are:
● entering into a new relationship and wish to protect your assets should the relationship fail;
● a grandparent, relative or friend who is concerned about the welfare of children, or
● a third party (business partner, relative, friend, creditor) affected financially by a separation.
● property settlement on the breakdown of a relationship
● parenting arrangements for separated couples
● financial agreements before marriage or a de facto relationship (pre-nuptial agreements)
● maintenance and child support issues
● surrogacy agreements
Contact us for a free initial consultation with our senior family lawyer:
| Mark Orchard
Separation and Family Breakdown
Same Sex Couples